Saturday, January 2, 2010

Kim's Best Fashion Moment of 2009!

Us Weekly voted Kim's one shoulder white Ina Soltani gown she wore to the Emmys as look of the year! ( Remember the drama behind that dress!)



Seventeen Magazine voted the Toni Maticevski dress Kim wore to the Grammy Awards as one of the best style moments of 2009.



I would like to know what was your FAVORITE look? Leave your vote in the comment section on what you think was Kim's best red carpet look of 2009!



I get so many emails from you guys on how much you all love Kim's style. THANK YOU for the positive feedback!!! Kim's input is so important when I am styling her. She knows exactly what works for her body so that helps me out tremendously. I think that the key to making a red carpet dress work is making sure it fits the body to perfection. I always have to tailor everything to fit her body. A hem line too long or too short can ruin a dress. People always ask me where I get my ideas. I get inspired by new clothing while I am out pulling for my clients!
When I see an amazing dress or jacket I already know exactly what I am going to do with it. I am a visual person so I get ideas in my head and 98 percent of the time it just works. Don't get me wrong there have been many times in a fitting where I was like "oh NO what was I thinking!" and my client looks at me like I am crazy! LOL. But hey, at least we gave it a try. I take what I do very seriously and I never half ass my jobs because trust me you will see it in the end result what a half ass job can do to your client.
I am extremely dedicated and take full control and have 100 percent confidence in any job I take on. Whether it's taking on a new client, editorial, red carpet or a TV show, I am always up for a challenge! My clients trust me so I have to be in control at all times and I am constantly educating myself on the newest trends while researching new designers. My brain is always thinking ahead!

So, to all you aspiring stylists just know that one day you can be a celebrity stylist. I did not go to school to be a stylist. I just worked hard and stayed focused! Some people may call it a gift, some people may call it talent but I call it my passion! :)

Good luck to all of you in 2010!

XOXO


31 comments:

  1. Definitely number 9. That dress is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite look is #1 ... Kims so gorgeous that the most simple dress really accentuates her beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. number 6 and 9!! Love them both, could not choose!! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love number 1 ! Love this post great inspiring words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the inspiring words...i'm an aspiring stylist myself so following your blog is great motivation for me!! thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Number 2 for sure! Most unique ever! I adore :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. number 1 :) beautiful, simple, and classic

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love 4,5,6 but if I must choose one I'll choose 6! Just found something similar to it! Thank you Monica and Kim for inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1, 5 & number 8 are so flattering...but she looks absolutely stunning in # 1

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite's between 5 and 9... the dress in number 9 is amazing, but in #5 she looks beautifully put together, sort of business-like yet sexy! LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look #1, that dress is perfect! White looks great with her tan skin and I love the nude-ish shoe.

    I'm an aspiring stylist and a huge fan of your blog, I check it everyday! Thanks for the encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1,3,4,5 are my favorites there.
    She look incredibly amazing in 5 and I really liked those Brian Lichtenberg she wore.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They all look so good! I love 5 the best. I do love Kim's style which is to say I love your style! Keep doing your thing Monica. Youre too talented!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Monica! You're such a friend in my head! I love your blog not only because I am a stylist who is working on solidifying a celebrity clientele, but because you have great style and a great eye! I'm sooo looking forward to what you'll bring to your blog in 2010. #3 For sure!

    www.shechicfrufru.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. #1 is my favorite look! Thanks for inspiring and I hope the new year treats you well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love both number 1 and number 5! I think you style Kim really well and its inspirational dressing for girls with boobs and a bum!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have to pick #6 just cause I loooove anything Balenciaga & there's nothing else out there like that dress! But #3 is georgeous & I know how hard you worked to pull that look together. There both my top 2

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is tough...you created so many flawless looks for Kim! I would have to say #2 was definitely my favorite. Classy, sexy, and a little bit of edge! My favorite combination. xoox
    www.andeelayne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Monica, I just wanted to tell you that you do a beautiful job styling Kim! She always looks amazing and she is definitely one of my fashion inspirations. I am a Makeup Artist here in Houston that wants to one day do makeup for magazines and hollywood. Your story is very inspirational to me. Thanks for this blog, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Monica I love Kim but i feel that her style isn't evolving. She stays safe with her color schemes its a constant black,gray,cream,white once in the blue red,thats not catching her fans eye at all. I'm pretty much getting bored. It be nice to see her in a vivd color. I tell you this Monica your one bad stylist with a great mind!

    xoxo Patty

    ReplyDelete
  21. Monica, YOU are the best of 2009! I like looks 1, 5 and 9 (3 looks to much like Jennifer Lopez...but I do like it). In my opinion the others age her and are not flattering to the photo lens.

    ReplyDelete
  22. i love # 1, 4 and 5 equally :)

    you are amazing monica!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think #1 was her best look, but she is always FABULOUS! You are a really amazing stylist!

    ReplyDelete
  24. my all time favourite is number 1 loooooooooooooooove it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. NUMBER 2 the Alexander Wang dress is crazy on her, well everything is but love that one.
    Good job monica.

    www.fashionistanono.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the Alexander Wang dress the black and white and I love love love the Balenciaga dress she wore in vegas 12.30 and #9 the dress she wore to the grammys would be my #1 pick.
    www.fancybytch.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Monica!

    I was wondering who makes kim's dress in picture #8.
    I'm dying to know! thank you!

    http://stylenotesbybelen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete